Process Engineer I
Elektrofi is looking for a Process Engineer I to support the development of equipment and processes for the production of biologically active microparticles. This individual will join an early-stage, multidisciplinary team of scientists and engineers and contribute to a variety of process development activities in a highly collaborative environment.
Day to day activities:
- Specification, design, assembly, testing, and troubleshooting of novel process equipment
- Planning, execution, and documentation of process development experiments, with a focus on the production and physiochemical characterization of microparticle formulations
- Analysis and presentation of process and product characterization data, including drafting of memos and reports
- Development and maintenance of operating procedures
Key qualifications for strong applicants:
- B.S. or M.S. in Mechanical, Chemical, Biomedical, Materials, or Pharmaceutical Engineering, or a related engineering discipline
- 1-2 years of industry experience
- Strong analytical and critical thinking abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work independently and efficiently in a fast-paced R&D environment
Additional relevant skills and attributes include:
- Good mechanical aptitude and experience with mechanical design, including CAD
- Familiarity with computer programming languages and standard office software (MS Office)
- Working knowledge of process instrumentation, principles of measurement, and basic methods of data analysis
- Good attention to detail and the ability to thoroughly document design and experimental work
- Exceptional candidates may possess familiarity with powder or emulsion production processes (e.g. spray drying, freeze drying, homogenization, micronization) and experience with analytical methods for materials characterization, particularly colloids, powders and particulate matter.
- Apply engineering principles and problem-solving skills to enable novel and scalable processes, equipment, and IP
- Effectively document and communicate ideas and results within an interdisciplinary team
If you are a highly motivated self-starter with an interest in disruptive biotechnology, please send your CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.